Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Whats wrong with people's sentiment ?

Today is Christmas. I'm actually pretty good at stating the obvious. So, I'll say it again. Today is Christmas. I can do it again, but then I would be repeating myself.

So what do I do ? Nothing special. Watch American Gangsters. Listen to some Arabic lounge/chill-out music. Drop into office for a couple of hours. Make a mental note to get some roasted turkey in the evening. Of course, I wish all my Christian friends.

I am sure that there are secular people out there like most of our national political parties, committees backed by various religions which would be pissed off at me for making that statement.

You are wondering what statement. "I wish all my Christian friends" - that statement. Let me take a wild guess at what they are likely to say.

"Sowji has hurt the sentiments of all the non-Christians in this great country of ours by not wishing them for Christmas. He should be stripped, beaten up and his soul condemned to the deepest bowels of hell. If he renders a public apology, then all is forgiven, his place in heaven is restored and all is forgotten in less than a day as nobody really cares about what he said."

I'm trying to understand this new trend in making public objections. The only constants are, firstly, somehow the sentiments of a lot of people are hurt. Secondly, all this fuss seldom lasts more than a day. Lastly, nothing ever comes off it.

Lets see now. On mothers day I only wish my mom and not my dad. Is someone going to accuse me of gender bias now ? Or maybe its daddy bias ?

If I'm not mistaken, there is something called Aids day, right. Why don't we hear anyone screaming that the "sentiments" of all the people without aids has been hurt ?

If anyone is planning to use the words "hurt", "people" and "sentiment" in the same breath or in the same sentence, I have something to tell you. I'm going to type it in caps so you dimwits will know that I'm yelling.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP"

No comments: