Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Food habits

I have heard that fear will make you do stupid things. Stupidity will obviously make you do stupid things. Guilt will also make you do things. Things I find amusing.

I heard this from so many of my friends. I thought it was hilarious then. One day, I saw it with my own eyes.

My friend and I go to this eat out. We order our food. I get myself a stroganoff and my friend opts for pasta. We sit there, waiting for our food, discussing world views, in vain of course. Words seldom translate to action. I have no qualms in admitting that I'm a lazy bum.

This couple come sit at the table next to ours. The guy was actually a rather large man. What I meant was, he was fat. But that would be politically incorrect. So, the guy was a rather large man. His companion was a not-so-large girl.

Our tables were close enough for us to hear what they were ordering. The girl went first. She asks for Caeser salad and mixed fruit juice. The guy orders meat lasagna and a large order of fries. The waiter leaves and then the fun begins.

We can hear the girl hissing at the guy. She's like, "What the hell was that ?". The guy knows he's in deep shit. Just doesn't know why. He's got this puzzled look on his face. She says, "I thought we were on a diet". Realisation dawns. My friend and I can now read the guy's mind. He's thinking, "Damn it. What was I thinking ? I'm not out with the guys". He doesn't say anything. Immediately calls for the waiter and says this.

"I'll have a diet coke to go with that please."

So, its official now.

If you can get a girl to admit that she's on a diet, it really means she's on a diet. If a guy says he's on a diet, it means he'll settle for a diet coke.

** This post is dedicated to a good friend of mine. If she hadn't asked, I probably wouldn't have written this.

No comments: