Sunday, December 9, 2007

Opulent charm of fully blossomed purple

I have this weakness for purple. I mean the colour. During the course of this post you will understand why I disclosed that.

There I was driving down Nungambakam main road. Pleasant evening, about 8 on the clock, not too hot, not too humid, relaxed lazy weekend. I have a red at the traffic signal, you know the one just before Landmark. I pull up. I am listening to azhagiya tamizh magan songs. I increase the volume.

Right next to that signal there is this restaurant called Bella Cio (I think thats how its spelt). A red Maruti Swift pulls up. Out steps this girl.

I am going to pause for effect.

--Pause

--Pause some more

--Just a little longer now

She was, for lack of a better word, absolutely gorgeous.

Beautifully fitted deep blue low rider jeans. White tank top, just the right size. Light purple scarf, just hugging her neck. Perfect shade of glossy purple on her lips, as only liquid lipstick can deliver. Yeah, I know about liquid lipstick. I have friends who are very vocal about their choice in cosmetics.

I just sit there looking at her. Suddenly, I hear my steroe scream, "Saturday night, partyku pogalam variya".

I know it's a coincidence. But there I am sitting and hoping as hell, it's providence.

For those of you who didn't understand the metaphor, fully blossomed purple = purple rose.
For those of you who still don't understand, purple rose = enchanted, love at first sight.

No comments: