Monday, August 4, 2008

What do you think about you ?

If you were asked to describe yourself using one word, which one would you choose? That's not a fair question to ask. So, lets make it more reasonable. Lets say, you can choose multiple single words to describe yourself.

To give you a better idea, if someone were to ask me this question, I would probably come up with the following, this is spontaneous okay - didn't really think about this.

Confident
Sensitive
Sarcastic
Relaxed
Strong
Arrogant
Suave
#$#%@% (just so we're clear, that's the censored part - there are people in this world who don't love me as much as I do)
..... and so on and so forth

You get the picture, right.

I just picked up the phone, called this friend of mine and asked her the same question and this is what she came up with:

Young
Energetic
Vibrant
Versatile
Dynamic
Frank
Independent (this one's actually inferred but I'll allow it)

Interestingly, as you can see, there is nothing common between the two of us. That's because her sense of self is a lot different from my sense of me, which makes sense.

What I actually find interesting is, almost all the words I chose were character traits. Almost all the words she chose were well, I don't what they were but they were certainly not character traits.

You are probably wondering, "where is he going with this?" That's an excellent question and if you were standing in front of my face asking me that question, then you would be greeted with a goofy smile on my face followed by a helpless shrug from my shoulders.

You are also probably wondering exactly why is this guy doing this. Well, to be absolutely truthful, I had twenty minutes before I had to leave to watch a movie. Now, the twenty minutes is up.

Tata. See you. Byeeeee (Supposed to sound like Janakaraj in Baasha)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good one! I'll find out the censored word from you when we talk! ;-)

Sowji said...

@sunitha

You should know. I am sure you would have come up with a few at some point in the past :-)