Thursday, February 7, 2008

Who knows me better ?

The debate is between me and them. And by them I mean everyone else other than me.

At various points in time, people have come up to me and tried to convince me of what is best for me. If not convince, atleast they have no inhibitions in voicing their opinions. From school, through college, both under graduate and post graduate, till until recently like a few hours ago.

They are just overwhelmingly convinced of what they have to say. Seriously makes me wonder. How can I be so bad at knowing what I want ? Let me illustrate with an example. Following is a reproduction of a conversation I had with a she-friend of mine about 3 hours ago.

she: Elektra (obviously thats not her name, but I like the sound of that name), my other former roomie is coming to stay with me. She's here with me till the weekend.
me: super. enjoy.
she: yeah
me: is she single ?
me: how does she look ?
she: she's not your type.

You see what I'm driving at. You will understand better when I tell you that even I don't know what my type means.

It's like the entire world is suffering from obsessive compulsive disorder. People are just obsessed with psycho analysing everyone else.

It's either that or I'm being paranoid.

Like Omar Epps says in one of the episodes in House M.D, "It's not paranoia if someone is out to get you".

It probably is paranoia if you think everyone is out to get you.

Wait, I'm confused. Somebody help me.

No comments: