Friday, December 5, 2008

What the hell is smart casuals ??

My company's dress code allows for smart casuals on Fridays.

T shirts allowed but round necks are not.
Casual footwear allowed but sandals and slippers are not.

I'm guessing formal wear with the shirt not tucked in will satisfy all the requirements of smart casuals.

The idea is for people to dress down on Fridays and act more relaxed. Not like your work gets any different 'cos you are wearing jeans.

There are two women in my company who seem to have kinda redefined how this is perceived. Last Friday, they wore sarees. As in, not the casual whatever. The kind of sarees which are bought with specific occasions in mind and worn only when women are assured of the presence of other women. Well, you know how women like to show off what they've bought.

They pretty much got the smart bit correctly and I'm guessing their definition of casual is a little skewed.

They probably had their reasons but I can only write about what I see.

1 comment:

myprivategarden said...

'They pretty much got the smart bit correctly and I'm guessing their definition of casual is a little skewed.'... lol.. good one!