Thursday, November 29, 2007

Testosterone vs. Estrogen

Long flowing hair. Well shaped body. Tight fitting clothes. Carefully trimmed eyebrows. Facials. A conscious effort to pick the right clothes - the fit, the colour and most important of all, check for conformity. No one wants to buy outdated fashion.

Is that a good looking city girl or a metrosexual guy ?? I cant tell anymore. Uugghh.

I dont know which is more scary - guys actually indulging in this kind of stuff or there are so many guys who do this, there is actually a term for it.

Where have I been all this while ? What exactly happened ?

One day I get out wearing this faded shirt, old pair of jeans, a week old beard, devil may care attitude and I notice guys looking at me sideways. I pause to take a closer look at where I am. I always thought this is how guys are supposed to look like - rugged, like they have just been through hell and raring to go through it all over again, without as much as a second thought. Make no mistake, I still think that.

Did I skip a generation or something ? Did I have a star trek moment and find myself teleported to another dimension ?

I'm 25 years of age and I feel I am so much older. I cant recognise the kids who are entering adulthood. You know that age when you are still considering exactly what 19 - 20 years old means. When did generation gap shrink to a mere 5-6 years ?

Well, you let these kids open their mouth and you are happy to realise they still think their age. They certainly dont seem to dress their age.

Why is this happening all of a sudden ? Maybe its been slow and I was too distracted to notice it. Or I noticed it sometime back but was just too damn lazy to post it in here.

Is it the presence of certain men in mass media - models, actors, athletes ? I dont see this happening as much down south as up north. Hrithik Roshan in Dhoom, Shah Rukh Khan in Om Shanthi Om, Shekar Suman on TV saying he's working hard to have a 6 pack like the 6 pack Khan. Typing that was so difficult, jeezzz. I dont understand this, really.

What is different in say, Abishek Bachan or Amitabh Bachan or Sanjay Dutt ? When was the last time any of these guys were clean shaven or tried flaunting their bodies ?

They are still popular right. How many people think these guys are handsome ? Exactly what is their sex appeal ? I'm guessing you know the answer. That is how guys are supposed to look.

I think every guy who tries to look otherwise needs medical attention. They are suffering from harmonal imbalance.

Too much Estrogen.

No comments: